Here are those awesome Smallville Quotes for all ten seasons, Just click on what Season you want.
Smallville Quotes Season 1
“Luthors are not afraid. We don’t have that luxury. We’re leaders. You have a destiny, Lex. You’re never going to get anywhere with your eyes closed.” – Lionel Luthor
“We all have secrets Clark” – Chloe Sullivan
“Sometimes people can surprise you.” – Lana Lang
“Greatness is a rarefied air one must be taught to breathe!” – Lionel Luthor
“She told me that, “Life is about change. Sometimes it’s painful, sometimes it’s beautiful, but most of the time it’s both.” – Lana Lang
“Chloe, I could never outgrow you. Other than vertically.” – Clark Kent
“Dad, you have no idea what I’m capable of.” – Lex Luthor
“Careful dad, you’re getting emotional. We could always try a rematch. Or are you afraid you can’t take your son again?” – Lex Luthor
“You came into my life, thinking you could shake me down ’cause I’m just some spoiled rich brat who needed his daddy’s protection.’ Trust me; when I make things disappear, they stay buried.” – Lex Luthor
“In my experience there’s no such thing as too much information.” – Lex Luthor
“It’s amazing how one moment can change your life forever.”- Cassandra
“Life’s a journey, Clark; I don’t wanna go through it following a roadmap.” – Lex Luthor
“You see, I don’t want to do good things, I want to do great things.” – Lex Luthor
“I don’t care about the past, I believe in the power to reinvent yourself.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: “Chloe, don’t you ever knock?”
“You know, just because you spend a lot of time with someone doesn’t mean you know their darkest secrets.” – Chloe Sullivan
“I plan on being great all by myself.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: “I didn’t know you were such a history buff.”
“Empires are not brought down by outside forces, they are destroyed by weaknesses from within.” – Lionel Luthor
“You can learn a lot from someone you hate.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: “Everyone needs a friend.”
“It’s not about the ending, it’s about the journey.” – Lex Luthor
“Relax. Failing isn’t something I do.” – Lex Luthor
“Trust me, Clark. Our friendship is going to be the stuff of legend.” – Lex Luthor
[to Victoria] “Congratulations. [whispering] I hope it was worth it.” – Lex Luthor
“I look forward to resuming our verbal judo.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: “Chloe, you can’t just go snooping around someone’s house.”
“You have no idea who you’re dealing with.” – Lex Luthor
“I don’t believe in obligations.” – Lex Luthor
“You know, the choice is yours. You can either sit in your loft and play with your telescope, or move on.” – Chloe
Lionel Luthor: “We don’t need to play games, son.”
“Being friends with Lex Luthor can be complicated but it has it’s advantages.” – Clark Kent
“Appearance is deceptive. Nothing around here is what it seems.” – Lex Luthor
“She is trying to buy this election like one of her Prada bags!” – Sasha
“Sometimes the right person can be right in front of your eyes and you never even know it.” – Lana Lang
“Some people are meant to be alone.” – Lex Luthor
“Some secrets destroy families.” – Martha Kent
“If you’re going to take me on son, you’re going to have to bring your game up to a whole different level.” – Lionel Luthor
“You are playing a very dangerous game. You better pray you’re not wrong.” – Lex Luthor
“You’re forfeiting your own future.” – Lionel Luthor
“I’ll bury you and everyone in Smallville who takes your side!” – Lionel Luthor
Smallville Quotes Season 2
“You can waste your time playing it safe, or you can go for it. But at some point, Clark, you just know when something’s right.” – Lex Luthor
“Lex learned to act on his passion, never hold anything back. I wonder if we’ll ever be able to do the same.” – Lana Lang
“Hiding the truth only keeps people apart.” – Lana Lang
“The day Clark Kent decides to break the rules, I’ll be there.” – Pete Ross
“But aren’t you married to Lana in your imagination?” – Pete Ross
“Clark would have to be on drugs to be on drugs.” – Chloe Sullivan
“Hey, Clark, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.” – Chloe Sullivan
“Still alive and kicking. No thanks to you.” – Lex Luthor
“You see, in life the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch.” – Lex Luthor
“Sentimentality is synonymous with vulnerability. You taught me that. You’re on your own.” – Lex Luthor
“When my mother died, I began to build a wall around my heart. Every year that wall grew taller, more fortified. Till eventually it became impenetrable. – Lex Luthor
Dominic: “You can save the concerned son routine, Lex. I have everything under control.”
Lex: “Yeah. Loyal lap dog, keeping watch at his master’s door, secretly hoping he doesn’t make it.”
“My own personal superhero. I always knew there was something special about you, Clark Kent.” – Chloe Sullivan
Lionel: “You know, Lex, I’m tired of your constant attempts at mutiny.
Lex: “Yeah, well, you didn’t leave me too many options. It was either that or the plank”
“You wouldn’t be a Luthor unless someone was trying to kill you.” – Lionel Luthor
“Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a missed opportunity.” – Lex Luthor
“Montaigne said obsession was the wellspring of genius and maddness.” – Lex Luthor
“I’ve always been fighting my destiny. Trying to avoid becoming my father. But we all have certain genes that we want to change which dominate us.” – Lex Luthor
“Love has a way of blinding even the sharpest minds. We don’t look because we don’t want to see. But once love is stripped away, we see the real person clearly. There revealed to us, with all their flaws, their foibles, and their secrets.” – Lionel Luthor
“It’s like fate…inevitable but always surprising when it happens.” – Chloe Sullivan
Smallville Quotes Season 3
“He’s not lost, Lana…” – Chole Sullivan
“Pining over Clark only leads to personal misery. Trust me, I wrote the book. Now you need to move on. He obviously has.” – Chole Sullivan
“I would’ve searched for a thousand years if I thought he could be found. We can’t hold onto the past. In my heart, I will be searching for my son forever.” – Lionel Luthor
“You know, Helen, black widows may be powerful predators, but every predator is somebody else’s prey.” – Lionel Luthor
“Disappointed I’m not basking in the fires of hell?” – Lex Luthor
“Survival of the fittest. I guess you really are a Luthor now.” – Lex Luthor
“I guess we all got to take a look at our dark side sooner or later.” – Clark Kent
“If you stare at it long enough, it can get hard to tell the two sides apart.” – Lex Luthor
“That was a Machiavellian maneuver worthy of a Luthor.” – Lionel Luthor
“Clark, it’s not your responsibility to save everybody.” – Martha Kent
“You’ve got to learn the difference between fantasy and reality.” – Lex Luthor
“Lex. When you’re rich, you’re not crazy. You’re eccentric” – Lionel Luthor
“Trust me, I have nothing to hide” – Lex Luthor
“Memories fade, but a Google search never forgets.” – Perry White
“Why should I have to pay for the sins of my father?” – Lionel Luthor
“Because it’s my destiny. I can’t change it.” – Jor-El [Joe]
“What good are lawyers if they can’t jump through hoops?” – Lex Luthor
“You think you know people, and you realize it’s all just a facade.” – Lex Luthor
“I was right about you all along, Clark. You’re not even human.” – Lex Luthor
“You’re either with me or against me Clark. Choose right now.” – Lex Luthor
“It’s sad to see a man who’s lost his mind. But it’s tragic when he’s convinced himself that he’s sane.” – Lionel Luthor
And I’m happy for you. The both of you. Now take your little cart, and go sucker some other patient with a bank account.” – Lex Luthor to Ian
“Fear is an effective sales tactic, but it doesn’t work on me.” – Lex Luthor
“I may have lost my sight, but things are becoming much clearer now.” – Clark Kent
“I should’ve known better than to take your promises at face value.” – Lex Luthor
“If you thought you could throw me behind a desk and forget about me, you’re making a grave mistake.” – Lex Luthor
“Miss Sullivan, these coy evasions may work when your wheedling information out of a high school librarian, but up here, you’re out of your league.” – Lionel Luthor
“The war’s just starting, and I have the greatest advantage. He thinks I’m weak.” – Lex Luthor
“I have enemies in high places.” – Chloe Sullivan
“I’m not special. I’m different.” – Clark Kent
“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it.” – Lex Luthor
“The only life I’m interested in saving is yours.” – Clark Kent
“Nice try, Dad. But I’m not suiting up in the eleventh hour. Clean up your own mess.” – Lex Luthor
“Coincidence. That’s an explanation used by fools and liars.” – Lionel Luthor
“Which of your obsessive compulsive fixations is behind today’s summons?” – Lex Luthor
“We all have our secrets.” – Lex Luthor
Chloe: “Why do you keep doing this to yourself? Why can’t you just walk away from your father?”
Lex: “Because he won’t give me the only thing I’ve ever wanted from him.”
Chloe: “And that would be?”
Lex: “I want him to love me.”
Lionel: “Now, I’m losing my patience, Lex. You are constantly defensive with me. Now, tell me, damn it. What is it you want from me?”
Lex: “It doesn’t really matter, Dad. I’m never going to get it.”
“I like to keep my mind open to extreme possibilities.” – Lex Luthor
“You can be the world’s greatest hero or its most mild-mannered citizen, but the only person who can write your story…is you.” – Jonathan Kent
Lionel: “You betrayed me. Your own father.”
Lex: “I protected myself just like you taught me to.”
Lionel: “Lex, whatever problems we have, keep them within the walls of our own house. Don’t stoop to this level.”
You may think you know your destiny. But you have no idea what greatness lies ahead of you. – Kara
Orange is a good color for you, Dad. Although it might get a little old after 25 to life. – Lex Luthor
This friendship’s over. – Clark Kent
Smallville Quotes Season 4
“You know, they dubbed Mussolini a savior…and look what happened to him.” – Lionel Luthor
“Shouldn’t wound what you can’t kill, Dad.” – Lex Luthor
“You can save the threats, Dad. I’m not as easy a target as you seem to think.” – Lex Luthor
Lois: “Call me crazy, but I’ve always been a firm believer that beauty… It’s on the inside.”
Dr. Fine: “The people that say that are the ones who already have it on the outside.”
“In the future, let’s restrict our conversations to “hello” and “goodbye.” – Clark Kent
“I know what you’re doing. But you can’t buy back my friendship.” – Clark Kent
Lex: “There’s a darkness in me that I can’t always control. I’m starting to think that’s my curse, why every relationship I have ends badly.”
Clark: “We all have a dark side, Lex.”
Lex: “Yeah. But I can feel mine creeping over the corners. Your friendship helps keep it at bay. It reminds me that there are truly good people in the world. I’m not willing to give up on that.”
“Look, I’m willing to give this friendship another shot if you are.” – Lex Luthor
“I believe you. I know a real friend would never lie to me.” – Lex Luthor
“Our thief is gonna learn that there’s nowhere on earth he can run from Lex Luthor.” – Lex Luthor
“You don’t look well, Dad. Forget to take your vitamins?” – Lex Luthor
“Isn’t it all your dad’s? This castle, LuthorCorp, the cars, the jets, everything. The very cufflinks in your sleeves.” – Lionel Luthor as Clark Kent
“All I wanted was the best for you. And you destroyed me.” – Lionel Luthor as Clark Kent
“You can’t straddle the fence on this one, Clark! My father and I are enemies. You have to decide who you really trust.” – Lex Luthor
“I want to be your father, Lex. If you’ll let me.” – Lionel Luthor
“I don’t want you to tell me anything. I want you to change.” – Clark Kent
Clark: “I felt like we were enemies.”
Lex: “Don’t give up on me yet.”
“Contrary to your deluded point of view, this is not the Ritz Carlton where you can check in and check out at your leisure.” – Warden Stall to Lionel Luthor
“Well, the prodigal father returns.” – Lex Luthor
Lionel: “I’m not here for money, Lex. I don’t want to take LuthorCorp away from you. Corporate maneuvering doesn’t interest me anymore.”
Lex: “So, what, now trying to kill me is gonna be a full time job?”
“I know, I know where you’re coming from. It’s a place of anger and mistrust. But it’s not too late. It’s not. There’s still time to get off the path that can only lead to darkness.” – Lionel Luthor
Lex: “I have a position you might find more appealing. A position that pays a hundred thousand dollars a year”.
Jason: [Sarcastic.] “Because I’m obviously qualified for a hundred thousand dollar a year job.”
Jason: “You want to team up against my mother?”
Lex: “The enemy of my enemy.”
“People keep secrets for a reason, even from the people they’re closest to.” – Lois Lane
Chloe: “How did you post bail?”
Lois: “Four very good friends of mine. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.”
“What you may perceive as secrecy, I see as precautions.” – Lex Luthor
“Okay. You’re gonna be fine. I know you’re gonna be fine. Everyone I’ve ever hit was all right.” – Lois Lane
Genevieve: “I underestimated you, Lex.”
Lex: “Well, that’s a common mistake.”
Lex: “Genevieve, paranoia is not a very attractive quality in a woman.”
Genevieve: “I’m just trying to protect my son.”
Lex: “Well, maybe you should get together with my father and write a parenting book. I bet it’d be a bestseller.”
“You may be the last survivor of a great civilization.” – Jor-El
“You didn’t really think I’d hire you, bring you into my life, and not follow every step you take, did you?” – Lex Luthor
“I get the feeling that our lives are a lot less random than we think.” – Clark Kent
Lionel: “You have a ferocious desire to find all the answers, son, but don’t let you search for those stones turn into your personal Tower of Babel.”
Lex: “I’m not trying to get closer to God, Dad. I’m trying to solve the riddles He’s laid out for me.”
“Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations.” – Lionel Luthor
“Kal-El, you must write your own destiny.” – Dr. Swann
“Lana, this isn’t some bad dream that you can just blink away. This is real life.” – Jason Teague
“Either you are the best con man in the world, or you are truly unbelievably naive.” – Lionel Luthor
“I thought you said that telescopes were for geeks and stalkers.” – Clark Kent
“At last, I can embrace my true destiny.” – Lex Luthor
“You disappoint me. As always.” – Lex Luthor
“I guess it’s up to me to show the world the real Lex Luthor.” – Lex Luthor
“Seizing the moment, Dad. Just like you taught me.” – Lex Luthor
Lionel: “I’ve changed. People change, Lex.”
Lex: “No, they don’t. They just get soft. Like you.”
“You think you know someone, but there’s this side of them that you never see. Until it’s too late.” – Lana Lang
“Clark, how many times has your friend done something underhanded that you didn’t expect? People have a lot of different sides and sometimes they keep those sides hidden, even from the ones that they love.” – Chloe Sullivan
“Is that what you think of me, Clark? I’m hurt. I thought we were friends.” – Lex Luthor
“You lied to me for years, Clark. But now I know your secret.” – Lex Luthor
“Whatever you are, whatever you are planning, I’m going to stop you” – Clark Kent
“Think about it, Clark. My intellect, your powers. Together we could rule this world. We’ll walk as gods among men.” – Lex Luthor
“Every man has a weakness, Clark, no matter how superhuman he may be. I’ve embrace my destiny. Now embrace yours. We could forge a new future together.” – Lex Luthor
“I’ll never join you.” – Clark Kent
“Everyman has a weakness Clark, no matter how superhuman he may be” – Lex Luthor
“I offer you a chance at greatness, and this is what you do with it.” – Lex Luthor
“I want you to remember this day, Clark. I want you to remember that despite all your amazing powers, there was one man that beat you.” – Lex Luthor
“Maybe this was always our destiny. How sad.” – Lex Luthor
“A man can’t deny his true nature, can he, Lex? No. We’re Luthors.” – Lionel Luthor
“Things don’t always end up the way you picture them, but sometimes they can end up even better if you give them a chance.” – Martha Kent
“There are too many secrets. I kept wishing that we could wipe the slate clean, but we can’t. A chance like that… maybe it only comes around once in a lifetime.” – Lana Lang
Lionel: “Genevieve – you know, I’m not accustomed to being summoned like a lap dog.” Genevieve: “Don’t be silly, Lionel – I’d never allow you on my lap.”
“Well, my son hasn’t been listening to me. What do you want me to do, give him a good spanking?” – Lionel Luthor Lionel: “Watch your back, son.” Lex: “I always do.”
“Clark, your destiny lies far beyond those corn fields out there. And I’m not about to let you turn your back on that just because of us.” – Jonathon Kent
“The Oedipal bond certainly has a habit of flourishing when it’s . . . fed, doesn’t it, Lex?” – Lionel Luthor
“Things change. No matter how much we don’t want them to.” – Clark Kent
Lois: “Clark, I know how devastated you must be, but if you could just keep your tears to a minimum, I’d appreciate it.”
Clark: “I’ll try.”
“Can you hear me, Dad? Before you leave this Earth, I want you to know…you did create the son you always wanted.” – Lex Luthor
Smallville Quotes Season 5
“One journey has ended. A new journey is about to begin.” – Jor-El
“I’m beginning to get the impression that lying is an unshakable habit of your’s.” – Lex Luthor
Lois: Clark, really, you should’t have! Clark: Actually, I didn’t.
“I know you’re faster than a speeding bullet, Clark – mind taking me along for the ride?” – Chloe Suillvan
“You’re not just a hero…you’re a superhero.” – Chloe Suillvan
“Destiny’s just another word for not having a choice.” – Clark Kent
Lex: Happiness is such an elusive creature, isn’t it? We all wish for it but very few ever really find it.
Chloe: Doesn’t make the search any less important.
Lex: Or the destination.
Clark: Well, normally, I’d just rip open the door, super speed past the cameras, and somehow open the vault with my heat vision.
Chole: So what you’re saying is: now that you are human, you have no useful skills.
Clark: Not so much.
I guess I’ll never be able to escape who I really am.” – Clark Kent
“It’s a complicated world, Clark. Only the naïve view it in black and white.” – Lex Luthor
A.C.: I’ve got a buck.
Lois: Yeah? You should use it to buy some fashion sense.
“Don’t apologize. If you’re going to be late, at least be late with conviction.” – Milton Fine
Clark: I didn’t ask for this life.
Chloe: We didn’t ask for a world that needs heroes, but the truth is we do. Now more then ever, Clark.
“You might be a big fish in the water, but up here I’m the shark.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: You know, the other day a professor of mine, he accused LuthorCorp of being evil, and you just short of being the devil.
Lex: Well, you didn’t tell him about my pitchfork, did you?
“Lois, I promise, someday…you’ll meet someone even more special.” – Clark Kent
Chloe: How are you ever going to live without Clark?
Lois: One word – blissfully.
“We all need to believe in heroes, Clark, and even the best ones are far from perfect.” – Lex Luthor
“Lex is an extraordinary young man – he’s always had an extraordinary appetite for power. But if he succeeds in this first foray into the political arena, I’m afraid he’ll develop such a fierce taste for it he’ll go on to devour the whole world.” – Lionel Luthor
Lana: Why is it different, Lex?
Lex: Because there are some doors that can’t be closed once they’re opened.
“Impatience is such a pathetic human trait.” – Professor Fine
Lionel: I wonder, do they know about the sort of things you keep hidden behind closed doors.
Lex: Ooh – you must be referring about our deep dark family secrets. Don’t worry – I won’t embarrass you.
“I want you to know, I’m more than ready to give up my life for the life of my child.” – Martha Kent
“We Luthors are made of pretty tough and definitely expensive material.” – Lex Luthor
“And you know what the secret to living happily ever after is? Power ! Money… and power ! Since when you have those two things, you can secure everything else. And keep it that way…” – Lex Luthor
Lionel: How does it feel, Lex, to have people worship you?
Lex: Being the idol for a cult of psychopaths isn’t exactly a power trip, Dad.
Samantha: You’re losing your edge, Lex.
Lex: And you’re clearly over it.
“You’re going to make a great politician, Luthor. You almost sound like you believe your own lies.” – Flynn
Lana: When do you start caring what people think of you?
Lex: Since I was branded at birth with the sins of my father
Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. – Jor-El
A heart beats only so many times in a life. Your father used his more then anyone I know. – Martha Kent
Lionel: It must be humbling to pull all those strings and find out they’re attached to nothing.
Lex: Especially when your father is the one holding the scissors.
“This is your destiny, son. You are going to touch the lives of so many people. Not just as a man, but as a symbol. You’re a symbol of peace. You’re a symbol of justice. And now it’s time for you to go” – Jonathan Kent
“You’re still obsessing over him after all these years? Clark Kent is a simple farm boy. Let it go, Lex…let it go.” – Lionel Luthor
“I don’t owe Clark anything, Lex – especially the truth” – Lana Lang
“Challenging upper management often leads to a bout of unemployment.” – Lex Luthor
“Lex: You’re the one who taught me – keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” – Lex Luthor
Clark: Look for anything my dad might be warning me about.
Chloe: I can’t exactly search for a file named “My Evil Scheme.”
“You made a deal with the devil. He always comes to collect.” – Lionel Luthor
Smallville Quotes Season Six
- Martha: Every world needs its heroes, Clark. They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect us from the darkness that’s just around the corner.
- Martha: I’ve lost my husband and now my son because of your games!
- Jor-El: We have both lost much, Martha Kent. But you must put aside your anguish if you wish to save your world.
- Raya: Zod is a soldier. He will kill you.
- Clark: If there was a way for you to save everyone you loved, wouldn’t you risk dying?
- Raya: You truly are your father’s son.
- Zod [in Lex]: So easily beaten. Disappointing.
- Clark: I won’t let you destroy Earth, like you did Krypton.
- Zod [in Lex]: Jor-El couldn’t stop me, and neither will his son.
- Clark: Then I’ll die trying.
- Zod [in Lex]: But you won’t be the only one. These humans you care so much about… swear your allegiance to me, and I’ll allow the ones you love the most to live…Kneel before Zod.
- Lex: Look, I can never make up for what happened. All I can do is move forward and try to rebuild everything I’ve damaged.
- Lana: That might not be easy.
- Lex: Well, nothing worth it ever is.
- Lex: Well I forgot what a concerned parent you are. That’s why you’re having me followed, isn’t it? To make sure I don’t destroy the rest of the world?
- Lionel: If I were having you followed, son, you would never know it. I can guarantee you that.
- Chloe: When you escaped from that Kryptonian Land of the Lost, I bet you didn’t think that you’d be rewarded by having to save Lex Luthor while battling a raging head cold, huh?
- Clark: Not exactly the goodbye gift I was expecting, no.
- Chloe: I guess heroes don’t get sick days.
- Chloe: Clark, with a sneeze like yours, that says a lot about your lung capacity. Now just take a really deep breath and blow it out as hard as you can.
- Clark: That’s a steel door, it’s not a birthday cake.
- Chloe: I don’t see anything else working. Come on, let’s see what you got. Huff, puff, and blow this door down. [Clark blows] Good thing you didn’t have garlic today.
- Chloe: You just take care of that cold. We’ve enough natural disasters around here without having to worry about Hurricane Clark looming off the coast.
- Lois: Miracles really do happen: man walked on the moon, call waiting was created, and Lois Lane got her first by-line on the front page of the Inquisitor.
- Chloe: Hey, that’s great, Lo. I don’t know how I feel about the alien angle, but…
- Lois: I wasn’t too crazy about the E.T. spin, either, but my editor insisted it’d help sell papers, so…
- Clark: Well, let’s hear it for journalistic integrity.
- Lois: Look, I swear, you guys, when I was writing that article, I don’t know… I don’t think I’ve ever been happier in my life. The thrill of discovery, the clacking of keys, the scent of fresh ink. Yeah, I think I’ve finally found my calling.
- Lex: Happiness is just a feeling of euphoria. It’s your brain chemistry going into overdrive. That’s why so many relationships fail when the honeymoon ends and reality sets in.
- Lana: Wow, have you always been such a romantic?
- Clark: Hey, how goes life living with Lois?
- Chloe: Closer to coffee, further from sanity, but, you know, until Metropolis University reopens, I guess… what is it they say about a gift horse?
- Clark: “Stay away from the mouth,” which is difficult because Lois uses hers so much.
- Lex: You’ve always had an eye for beauty. It’s a Latin name, formositas falsus. “Beauty that belies a dark nature.”
- Clark: So, even your plants have hidden agendas.
- Lex: Well, I guess it all comes down to survival of the fittest. Doesn’t it?
- Clark: A strange vine has cropped up over the ridge at Lone Pine. It’s attacking people.
- Lex: And naturally you came to my little shop of horrors to foil my ingenious plot to repopulate the planet with vegetation. Sorry, Clark. I’m all out of evil.
- Lois: [to Oliver] Well, I wasn’t going to give it to you, but the tights… you’re totally pulling it off.
- Lex: You should see him in a tutu.
- Oliver Queen: Lex Luthor… with a girl that he doesn’t have to inflate.
- Gloria: Kryptonians, always so hard and cold.
- Clark: You can’t go home. I can’t let you stay. What are we gonna do?
- Gloria: We’ll have to let nature decide.
- Oliver: This is funny. You know, the way Lois talked about you, I thought you were gonna be a little bit more of a…
- Clark: Little more what? Of a geek?
- Lois: Well, you’re not exactly jumping the velvet ropes at nightclubs, so…
- Clark: It’s really nice to see that Lois has found someone who can overlook her personality.
- Oliver: Oh, don’t worry about it, Clark. If I lived under the same roof with such a beautiful woman, I probably would mask my feelings in sarcasm, too.
- Oliver: [discussing Lois investigating the Green Arrow] Look, forget about this guy for the weekend. I can have you in Cancun by sunset, sipping margaritas.
- Lois: Well, as much as I’d love to be your beach bimbo, the only person I’ll be spending my weekend with is into leather and has a perverted fetish for archery.
- Green Arrow: Looks like I’m not the only one with a secret. I hate to break it to you, tough guy, but you’re on the wrong side.
- Clark: I’m not sure the police would agree.
- Green Arrow: Look around you. The days of the good guy running the show are over.
- Chloe: So, how did you let this guy slip through your fingers?
- Clark: This Green Arrow Bandit’s got a lot of gadgets.
- Chloe: Gadgets? Against the Man of Steel?
- Clark: He’s good, all right?
- Chloe: Fine, backing off. The Green Arrow Bandit? Is that really the name Lois came up with? If you ask me, I’d lose the “Bandit,” but, not my story.
- Green Arrow: I saved you.
- Lois: Yeah, from goons who were trying to find you. They’re not the only one with a “V” for vendetta on your little leather ass.
- Green Arrow: Little? I’ve been really working the glutes lately, too.
- Lois: Did the humor come with the costume?
- Green Arrow: Did the Tomb Raider routine come from wanting daddy’s attention?
- Oliver: Clark, you have abilities I couldn’t even dream of. And I admire that you use them to save the people you’re close to.
- Clark: But?
- Oliver: But there’s a whole world of people out there, Clark. They need us. With your potential… you can’t wait for them to come to you. When you’re ready to do something about that, you let me know.
- Oliver: Clark, I was wondering if my security system would keep someone like you out.
- Clark: Looks like you need an upgrade.
- Oliver: Or you need to learn how to knock.
- Oliver: I was thinking about developing a boxing-glove arrow, and then I thought, “come up with something a little fancier.” [shoots an arrow] Contained Electromagnetic Pulse. Knocks out everything electrical within an 8-foot radius: cameras, laser systems… pacemakers. That last one was a joke, Clark.
- Clark: I’m laughing on the inside.
- Oliver: Maybe we’ll get lucky one day and it’ll bubble to the surface.
- Young Lex: What are you going do?
- Duncan: I’m going help people, like Warrior Angel.
- Young Lex: You better hit the gym. Spandex is tough to pull off.
- Lois: We’ve all done things we’re not proud of. I just wish that Oliver didn’t feel like he had to hide it from me.
- Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
- Lois: That is… totally retarded.
- Clark: Making the wrong choices and living with the consequences… it’s not easy, is it?
- Oliver: Speaking from experience, huh?
- Clark: More than I’d like.
- Oliver: You know, we all make bad choices, Clark. All we can do is hope to make the right ones in the future, right?
- Chloe: Jimmy, this isn’t a story. It’s a hunch. Besides what were you doing playing stalker-azzi in the middle of the night following Lex Luthor around?
- Jimmy Olsen: Being proactive, hopefully nailing a front-page shot. You don’t think some back-alley hand-off is suspicious?
- Chloe: I think Lex Luthor getting out of bed in the morning is suspicious.
- Clark: I haven’t been the best son.
- Raya: Your father was hard on himself, too. He felt guilty that he couldn’t save Krypton. His only redemption was sending you to save Earth.
- Clark: Save it from what?
- Raya: Extinction. Your civilization is going to destroy itself, just like Krypton. You should know this. It was part of your training.
- Clark: I haven’t started my training. Now the Fortress is damaged. Jor-El tried to warn me, but I didn’t listen. I mean, how could I trust someone who brought so much pain into my life?
- Raya: Pain is a part of anyone’s journey, Kal-El. You can’t escape it. You must accept your destiny.
- Baern: So this is Jor-El’s famed Fortress of knowledge. I thought it’d be bigger.
- Clark: It doesn’t matter. You won’t be staying long.
- Baern: Big talk, big man. I’m surprised you’re still standing. I guess Jor-El was right about how the yellow sun affects you Kryptonian cockroaches. But I’m back. And now, I’m supersized. This is the perfect place for the fall of the House of El. Paying for the sins of your father can be a bitch.
- Martha: It looks like Krypton gave us more than one hero.
- Clark: Mom, I know how much you love me and how much dad… but I’ve always felt different. Because I am. And Raya was the first person I ever met who could really understand that. And I don’t think I ever really thought about what I’d lost… a family, a whole race of people who were just like me. For the first time, I’m ready to stop running from who I really am… from my destiny
- Lex: What do you think is faster, an arrow or a bullet?
- Green Arrow: There’s only one way to find out.
- Clark: You’re looking awfully healthy.
- Oliver: It’s called exercise, Clark. It’s something we mere mortals have to do from time to time.
- Clark: According to the Daily Planet, the Green Arrow was shot last night.
- Oliver: If I was shot, don’t you think I’d be laying in a hospital or a morgue? I’m not bulletproof like you are, Clark.
- Oliver: Apparently, you were too busy using your powers to bale hay than to realize there’s a crime wave in Metropolis. Let me ask you a question. Are you ever gonna get off your ass and finally do something for a change?
- Clark: I didn’t come here to be insulted.
- Oliver: Well you know what? There’s the door. I don’t remember you being invited.
- Clark: Oliver, what’s going on with you?
- Oliver: Clark, I don’t need to take advice from someone whose only worry in life is to protect his own identity.
- Clark: Oliver, you’re not a killer!
- Oliver: No, but he is, Clark. You and I both know the world’s a better place without Lex Luthor.
- Clark: That’s not for us to decide.
- Clark: What made you come to your senses?
- Oliver: Actually, you did. This whole time, I just wanted to be like Clark Kent, you know? I wanted to… I wanted to have the ability to bring justice to the world without having to worry about getting killed in the process. And then something occurred to me, and I realized that Clark Kent would never take another man’s life. I came within an inch of doing just that. I’m not even in your league.
- Clark: Oliver, you do a lot of good in this world. You don’t need to be indestructible to be a hero.
- Chloe: [to Clark] Look, I understand that you feel like all these psychopathic space invaders are your fault, but you can’t keep it all inside. You feel the need to carry the world on your shoulders, and that’s noble. But there are other people out there who want to help you fight the good fight, and you need to let them in. Because sometimes even heroes need to be saved.
- Lex: I thought I told you you’re no longer a welcome guest at the mansion.
- Clark: Trust me, Lex, I don’t want to be here either. But after what you’ve done…
- Lex: And exactly what did I do? Did I swat a fly with too much force?
- Chloe: Come on, Clark, you put a psycho killer away and you reunited a mother with her son. I mean, there are only so many hours in the day.
- Clark: Well, see, that’s the thing. No matter how many people I save, I can’t solve the world’s problems.
- Chloe: I don’t know anyone else who does more for this world than you.
- Clark: You realize the only reason Lex is doing this is to wash his hands of it.
- Lana: Lex had no idea what was going on on that farm.
- Clark: Lana, you don’t believe that.
- Lana: Unlike some people I know, Lex doesn’t lie to me.
- Clark: Or he just wants his name clear of murder and slavery, so he sends a messenger to do his cleanup work.
- Lois: I don’t get it. Of all the photographers in Metropolis, how is it that you end up with the first shots of our merry archer?
- Jimmy: My connections.
- Lois: No. Really.
- Jimmy: Uh, well, the guy doesn’t get out of the Suicide Slums much, so I just hung out there for a few weeks… in my car with my pepper spray and the doors locked.
- Lois: This is it? A bunch of arms and legs? Nice work, hotshot. I mean, you didn’t even manage to catch one shot of his face. All these tell me about Green Arrow is that he needs a band-aid.
- Jimmy: Preliminary investigation is calling it suicide, but how’s a guy who’s larger than life drown in two feet of water?
- Chloe: Well, his career was over. And Lake was right; the coroner’s report says that Dawson was juiced up on muscle mixers.
- Jimmy: Chloe, come on, you’re going to tell me that someone on a ‘roid rage is going to lie down in a koi pond and call it a day?
- Clark: People keep secrets for a reason.
- Lois: I don’t know. If you ask me, I think a secret is just a big loophole in the whole “thou shall not lie” clause.
- Clark: There’s just no gray area with you, is there?
- Lois: Not when someone I thought I knew better than anyone has been keeping the biggest secret of all.
- Clark: What are you talking about?
- Lois: What would you do if one day you realized someone close to you had a serious hero complex?
- Clark: Hero complex?
- Lois: Hiding his true identity from everyone he supposedly cares about? You can’t tell me you wouldn’t find something wrong with that.
- Clark: Who exactly are we talking about?
- Chloe: Clark, before you unload your anger on me, can I just say that I think it is incredibly unfair that everyone trusts me to keep their secrets, and then they turn around and they throw me attitude for keeping someone else’s secret! Look, I’m sorry that I had to take a two-second breather from hiding the fact that you are an alien from another planet to protect someone else for a change! God! [Clark hugs her] You had that coming, you know?
- Clark: For the record… I prefer “intergalactic traveler” over “alien from another planet.”
- Chloe: The craziest part is he chucked a guy across an alley, right? [Lois: Oh yeah] And then supersped away. I mean, WHO does that?
- Clark: Hmm. [pause] It’s a good thing when Oliver showed up when he did. Then you know for sure.
- Chloe: Oh, she knew before he showed up.
- Clark: You did?
- Chloe: Ask her how.
- Clark: How?
- Lois: I kissed him.
- Chloe: Isn’t that romantic? [Clark sighs and nods] Oh, I’m sorry Lois. Finish the story. [Clark tries to interrupt] This is the best part.
- Lois: Hmmm. Well, he was holding me in his arms, and – Ollie’s a good kisser, don’t get me wrong – but that Green Arrow? He could teach Ollie a thing or two.
- Oliver: Rain check?
- Lois: Sure. I’ll just put it next to the rest of the umbrellas you keep handing me. I mean, is it just me or is this relationship all interruptus and no coitus?
- Bart: I want a lawyer.
- Lex: And I want a ponytail! Disappointment abounds.
- Victor: Ollie found me. I was living on the streets. He gave me a warm meal, roof over my head…. and a reason to go on living.
- Oliver: Did he just say something nice about me?
- A.C.: Maybe he’s starting to rust.
- Clark: A.C., how’d you fall into all this?
- A.C.: I got into a little trouble sinking a whaler off the coast of Japan.
- Victor: A little trouble? That’s what you’re gonna go with? Ollie had to save your scaly butt from getting filleted.
- A.C.: I would have gotten out of it.
- Oliver: Before or after they packed you into a thousand little tin cans?
- Victor: Well, at least he would have been dolphin-safe.
- A.C.: Fish jokes. That’s all I ever get are fish jokes.
- Lex: You.
- Green Arrow: You remember. I’m touched.
- Lex: Well, it’s a little hard to forget. Last time we met, you put an arrow in my chest.
- Green Arrow: You put a bullet in mine. Bygones?
- Lex: Go to hell.
- Green Arrow: You first.
- Victor: Cyborg to Aquaman. What the hell are you fish-stick?
(A door opens and Cyborg see a lot of guards in the floor)
- A.C.: Why you taken so long?
- Victor: Nice! But please, put-put a shirt.
- A.C.: I swim faster when I´m naked.
- Victor: I bet you do.
- A.C.: (Smiles to Cyborg) You are lucky. I´m still why my pants on.
- Oliver: Ever since my parents died, I’ve jumped around from city to city, from continent to continent and in all those years, not once have I regretted leaving anyone. But then I met you.
- Lois: Then stay.
- Oliver: I can’t. Because there are more important things in this world than what I want…. and what I love. Someday I can explain why.
- Lois: Don’t expect me to be waiting around for that when you get back.
- Oliver: I’m not coming back, Lois. At least not any time soon. I’m sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.
- Lois: Well, you finally got around to it anyway, didn’t you?
- Oliver: This is it, the moment, right? The moment that I’m gonna regret for the rest of my life, isn’t it?
- Lois: Yes.
- Clark: Impulse, Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Arrow. What do you guys call your team?
- Bart: I don’t know. I’ve been thinking, you know, that we need something cool. We need something like…. like-
- Oliver: I was thinking about something with the word “justice” in it. After all, that’s what Lex is gonna get a big dose of.
- Dr. Hudson: You suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. You have for a number of years… after the death of your birth parents in the Smallville meteor shower.
- Clark: See, it’s not true. My birth parents were out of town for the meteor shower.
- Dr. Hudson: You were placed in the wonderful adoptive home of the Kents. But like many children, you invented a make-believe world to help you deal with the trauma you endured. You convinced yourself that you came from another planet, that you possessed special powers and you used them to save humanity.
- John: You’re not crazy, Kal-El. We don’t have much time, so listen to me closely. I believe you’re from another planet.
- Clark: What makes you say that?
- John: Because like you, I’m not from here. I come from Mars. You can’t trust anyone.
- Clark: I know who I am!
- Dr. Hudson: I’m not sure you do. Your name is Clark Kent, not Kal-El. And Jor-El isn’t your father.
- [Dr. Hudson shows Clark a bottle of soap labeled “Jorel”]
- Woman: [over an intercom] Dr. Fine, Dr. Milton Fine, please report to level three, stat.
- Dr. Hudson: When the human mind has faced tremendous emotional pain, it has no choice but to protect itself. You’ve taken bits and pieces of your surroundings and created an alternate universe where you feel safe and secure. Clark… in a world where you truly have no power, you chose to give yourself superpowers.
- Lana: Okay. Let’s say that I am a hallucination… and that your world really does exist. I’m about to marry your greatest enemy. You’re an alien from another planet who’s responsible for so much tragedy. Do you really want to live in that reality?
- Clark: I don’t know what to believe anymore.
- Lana: Don’t you just want to take this treatment and be with me?
- Clark: Of course I want to be with you… more than you could ever imagine.
- Lana: Then stop fighting, please. You’ve lived like this for so long, carried this burden of being a hero. It’s time to just let go and live a normal life.
- Clark: I’ve never been normal.
- Lana: Your destiny isn’t to save the world, Clark. It’s to be with me for the rest of our lives.
- Lana: Are you gonna tell me? What’s that look in your eye?
- Clark: I had a dream about you last night.
- Lana: I hope that it wasn’t a nightmare.
- Clark: No! We were 10 years old and I gave you a plastic ring from of a gumball machine in Quinn’s Market.
- Lana: That’s sweet. What was the occasion?
- Clark: It was an engagement ring.
- Lana: So what happened next?
- Clark: [speaking softly] I woke up….
- Clark: The important part is… you were the one person who believed in me. I don’t know what I’d do without you, Chloe.
- Chloe: Oh, is this when I’m supposed to cue the Barry Manilow music?
- Clark: What is it you always say about Valentine’s Day? Oh, yeah. Our annual sneak peek at hell. That must have been before cupid struck.
- Chloe: Don’t you think after being trapped in a front seat to the Clark/Lana opera that I deserve a good V-Day?
- Clark: You’re the only person who can make me feel guilty, relieved, and a little sad all in one sentence.
- Chloe: It’s a gift.
- Chloe: Lois and Clark?
- Jimmy: You got to admit, they got chemistry.
- Chloe: Yeah, so do nitroglycerin and peroxide, and I don’t suggest putting them together.
- Lois: Please tell me we weren’t just set up.
- Clark: Looks like it.
- Lois: Us. That’s like hot fudge and halibut.
- Clark: I take it I’m the halibut.
- Lois: Naturally.
- Lois: Wait. I knew I’d kissed you before, in the alley. You’re Green Arrow.
- Clark: Hardly. I was just pretending to be so you wouldn’t know it was Oliver.
- Lois: Oliver? Oh, my god. All those times he disappeared… what is my deal with emotionally unavailable weekend warriors? Thank god I finally found a normal guy.
- Clark: What do you mean “normal”? Oliver’s not even in the same league as me.
- Lois: You don’t have to be macho just for me. I like the dorky farm boy thing.
- Clark: Dorkier than a hood and a quiver? Just because I don’t wear a costume and splash my face all over the papers-
- Lois: Clark! So what if your signature move is driving a tractor? I think it’s adorable.
- Clark: You know, Lois, I think that it’s time for you to meet the real Clark Kent.
- Lana: I’m not a competition.
- Clark: You are to Lex. He didn’t tell you? He’s always wanted everything I’ve ever had. And you were at the top of that list. You’re just a trophy to him. And he’s nothing but your consolation prize.
- Jimmy: Look, Clark, despite our differences, I think that you’re a decent guy. Chloe obviously thinks that you can walk on air, so… who am I to stand in the way?
- Clark: Jimmy, hold on.
- Jimmy: But if you hurt her, I don’t care how impossibly gigantic you are, I will chop you down like a cherry tree. And that, ain’t no lie.
- Clark: It’s nice to see that you’d risk ending up in traction to protect Chloe’s honor.
- Jimmy: A girl like that… worth spending the rest of my life in a body cast.
- Clark: I feel the same way. As her friend. Nothing more, I swear.
- Martha: [to Lana] If you’re taking the Luthor name, I guess armed guards and dodging the press go with the gold ring.
- Lex: Looks like you’re working out some issues there.
- Clark: Just doing a little honest work, Lex. You should try it sometime.
- Lex: Why start now? My life’s perfect.
- Lex: I just wanted to take a little sleigh ride down memory lane, visit the scene of the crime. Hey, here’s where you took my fiancée after kidnapping her, right before you tried to kill me.
- Clark: I wasn’t myself that night… I’m sorry.
- Lex: Sorry? What, that you didn’t finish the job? You know, I’m still a bit fuzzy on the details, what with you trying to choke the life out of me, but what fascinates me is how after all that, Lana could still feel safe coming here.
- Clark: That was her choice. I had nothing to do with it.
- Lex: You never do. That’s all right. You see, I understand the allure of trying to unravel the mystery of Clark Kent. I suffered from it once too. When I thought you mattered.
- Lex: [to Clark] What I want is to make Lana happy for the rest of her life. And I want you to be there on our wedding day… to see what you lost.
- Chloe: Face it, Clark, I’m a walking time bomb.
- Clark: Then consider me your own personal bomb squad.
- Lionel: [reading Lana’s letter to Lex] This will destroy Lex…I give you my word Ms. Lang, if you don’t honor the promise that you gave my son, or I find out you’ve told anyone about this conversation I will kill Clark Kent.
- Clark: I waited for you….
- Lana: Clark!
- Clark: What happened?
- Lana: I’m..I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you…but I wanna be with Lex
- Clark: That’s not true. He got to you didn’t he?
- Lana: No, please just believe me and let it go.
- Clark: Let it go?…Let it go? Lana I love you….I love you!
- Chloe: Clark, slow down! I don’t have enough money to hire a full-time maid to clean up every time you decide to blow in!
- Clark: What did you find?
- Clark: How could Lana do it? How could she marry Lex?
- Martha: I don’t know Clark, but she made her choice.
- Clark: Or someone made it for her.
- Chloe: [on voice mail] Hey, Clark, it’s me again. Where are you? I feel like your stalker ex-girlfriend, even though I was never your girlfriend. It was just an analogy – a bad one.
- Clark: I saw Lana the day of the wedding and she was gonna leave you. What did you do her?
- Lex: I don’t know. The answer must have gotten lost in that dark abyss we call my soul.
- Clark: Were we ever really friends, Lex?
- Lex: I don’t know. I have nothing to compare it to. You’re the only real friend I’ve ever had, Clark. And somewhere along the way, you saw me as your nemesis, turned your back on me.
- Clark: Chloe, I’ve x-rayed these tunnels over a dozen times, and they all just seem to lead to Reeves Dam.
- Chloe: Maybe so, but if Lex is willing to go up against Tomb Raider for them, I can’t retire my reporter’s notebook just yet.
- Lana: I wonder how Martha Kent would handle hearing that you used her son as a bargaining chip? Tell me what you know.
- Lionel: Well, I see you’ve embraced wholeheartedly what it means to be a Luthor.
- [Clark talks to Lana about Lex.]
- Clark: Lana, whatever reason you had to go through with the wedding — it was the wrong choice. You have no idea what he is capable of.
- Lana: You’d be surprised what I know.
- Clark: Then why are you still here?
- Lana: We all have our secrets, Clark. Sometimes we have to keep them to protect those we love.
- Lex: Every time I open my heart to someone, I end up getting hurt. If you ever betrayed me, I don’t know what I’d do.
- Lana: I’d never hurt the man I love.
- Clark: It will be just like old times, like when you first got to Smallville
- Lois: You’re just hoping to catch me in the shower again.
- [Clark lifts Lionel by his throat]
- Lionel: Clark, if Lana’s spoken to you, I know what you must be thinking, but you’ve got to listen to me.
- Clark: I’ve listened to you for too long!
- Lionel: Lex is tracking a wraith from the Phantom Zone. I had to force Lana to marry him. It was the only way she could get close to him to get the information for me I need to help you.
- Clark: No. I never asked for your help. And I never will.
- Lionel: You’re not a murderer. You’re Kal-El.
- Clark: Don’t call me by that name!
- Clark: Chloe, I told Lana my secret. She knows everything. She knows that… I’m an alien.
- Chloe: Wow. So, I guess we have a new charter member of the Clark Kent secret-keeping club… What did she say?
- Clark: She kissed me.
- Chloe: That’s fantastic. You’ve been wanting this forever. You just… you must be on Cloud 99.
- Clark: I will be as soon as I deal with this Phantom.
- Chloe: Look, Lois, take it from someone who’s gone up against the Lex Luthor army more than once. Not only will victory remain elusive, but you’re almost certain to step on a land mine in the process.
- Lois: I’m the general’s daughter, remember? I live for battle.
- Clark: [Clark superspeeds into Reeves Dam and pushes Lex up against the wall] She was your wife, Lex. Why did you do it?
- Lex: Now is not the time to lecture me about my marriage, Clark.
- Clark: Why’d you do it? Just tell me!
- Lex: GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!
- Clark: You afraid she was gonna bring you down, or was it just too humiliating for you that she was gonna leave you? Why’d you have to kill her? Why?
- Lex: No.
- Clark: No. You don’t to need act so surprised. You’re the one who killed her. You put a bomb in her car. You’re the one who killed her!
- Clark: I don’t understand. None of this makes any sense.
- Lionel: It was when Lex was possessed with Zod. I became possessed with all your father’s knowledge. I found myself writing, in Kryptonian, the symbol for power.
- Martian Manhunter: It was a beacon. The same beacon Jor-El used when he needed me.
- Clark: You knew my father?
- Martian Manhunter: I worked for Jor-El, bringing criminals to justice. When Krypton was on the verge of annihilation, he asked me to keep an eye out for you.
- Clark: Where have you been all these years?
- Martian Manhunter: Watching from a distance.
- Lionel: Your father wanted you to pass the test without any help. He wasn’t to interfere unless it was absolutely necessary.
- Martian Manhunter: When you unleashed those phantoms, your life was at stake. I didn’t have a choice.
- Lionel: Like what happened at the docks in Seattle.
- Clark: When that phantom infected my mind?
- Lionel: That’s right.
- Martian Manhunter: Unfortunately, I’ve lost a step since then.
- Clark: What happened?
- Martian Manhunter: Nothing.
- [Clark opens Martian Manhunter’s jacket and sees he was injured]
- Clark: That doesn’t look like nothing.
- Martian Manhunter: I had a run-in with the last phantom. I have to leave Earth’s atmosphere to heal, but first I must complete the job I started.
Smallville Quotes Season 7
- Kara: The House of El has a lot of family secrets that nobody ever discussed. As humans would say, we were… dysfunctional.
- Lois Lane: What? I can’t believe you’ve never had famous franks before!
- Grant Gabriel: I can’t believe anyone’s had famous franks. That thing could survive a nuclear holocaust!
- [Grant kisses Lois.]
- Grant Gabriel: I’m glad I got that off my chest.
- Lois Lane: Wow. If news of that spread through the mail room I’d have my name on your door by tomorrow. That’s sexual harassment.
- [Lois kisses Grant.]
- Lois Lane: But that wasn’t.
- Lana Lang: I would do anything for Clark.
- Chloe Sullivan: Even kill. What a lucky guy!
- Lara: Jor-El? Is that you?
- Clark Kent: I’m Kal-El.
- Lara: Kal-El… My son, my beautiful boy. You’re a man now.
- Grant Gabriel: Ok everybody, time to stop talking, start reporting! You’re journalists, not stargazers, let’s move!
- Jor-El: You have chosen to defy me. This defiance cannot go without consequences.
- [Bizarro finds Brainiac.]
- Bizarro: Look at yourself, you can barely catch a rat.
- Brainiac: I am the brain interactive construct. No matter my form, my intellect remains formidable. Do not underestimate me.
- [Dinah is invited to join Green Arrow’s Justice League.]
- Dinah Lance: I’m not really a team player.
- Oliver Queen: Good. Then you’ll fit right in.
- Chloe: [to Jor-El, in the Fortress of Solitude] Out of all the planets across the universe you decided to send your only son to this one, to Earth! You trusted us to protect him! Now please, Jor-El, I need you to trust me. I love your son! He’s in danger and he needs our help!
- Patricia Swann: My father often reminded me that despite the power of the sun, it’s always night on half the planet. For all the good you do, there will always be darkness, people who would kill you or abuse your power for their own gain. Lionel Luthor is just one of many.
- Clark: Then why has he [Brainiac] turned his attention toward you?
- Kara: I don’t know. But when we go up against him, it would be helpful if were on the same playing field. Or should I say sky?
- Clark: Not helping.
- Kara: I’m sorry, Yeah, I know. It… but it’s just really easy. Just up, up and away.
- Lois: Okay. Better make sure that camera is loaded with ammo because I got tomorrow’s headline. “Daughter of Nobel-Winning Astronomer Murdered.”
- Jimmy: That Swann woman they fished out of the lake last night?
- Lois: Yeah.
- Jimmy: I thought that she drowned.
- Lois: More like sank. Kind of hard to swim after you’ve been shot.
- Lionel: No, I’ve repented.
- Chloe: That’s right, you’re an intensely spiritual man. You amassed all the power a human could until you found out about Clark. Befriending him is the closest thing you’ll get to seeing God.
- Chloe: Long night. It’s good to see the sun again.
Clark: It’s too bad Lionel’s not here to see it.
Chloe: Lex closed the funeral to any and all guests. In other word’s Lex is the only one invited.
Clark: Lionel deserves better.
Chloe: At least we know how Lionel truly felt about you. I mean, he thought of you as his second son.
Clark: Another person who treated me like a son and died because of it.
Clark: Jor-El died getting me on that ship. My dad died of a heart attack from the powers he took on protecting me. And now Lionel’s been murdered for protecting my secret.
Chloe: They did die for you, Clark. But ultimately, they died for all of us. There was a reason those men were in your life. Each of them added something to the man that you are today.
Clark: How could Lex have done it? How does a son… …murder his own father?
Chloe: Total absence of love. Some say that’s the definition of evil. You have to get those keys away from Lex, Clark, before he kills anyone else.
Clark: He’s not gonna to have the chance. I won’t let him.
Smallville Quotes Season 8
- Lois: I can’t believe it, one alarm clock malfunction and suddenly you’re demoted and sent to deliverance territory. What the hell are you doing here?
- Clark: I’m…
- Man: You know him?
- Lois: Yes.
- Clark: No.
- Lois: He wishes he didn’t know me. I thought I dropped you at your cell.
- Man: We’ll take him back.
- Lois: And send me to the Sahara? One demotion this week is enough.
- Man: I’ll handle him.
- Lois: What are you doing here.
- Clark: I heard they have good espresso.
- Lois: You disappear for a month and come back with a sense of humor?
- Clark: I’ve been tracking Chloe down, the question is how did you get here?
- Lois: Feminine charm.
- Clark: (scoffs)
- Lois: Yes I do have some.
- Clark: Great job protecting your short supply of it.
- Lois: Why don’t you give your stand up a rest and do exactly as I tell you, that way we can find Chloe and stay alive at the same time.
- Clark: You mind not pointing that thing at me?
- Lois: God Clark, I’m not aiming at you. What?! I’m not! Besides it’s only your kneecap.
- Clark: Well that makes me feel a lot better.
- Lois: Look I know that you’re nervous Smallville but you gotta remember I grew up around green berets and navy seals not cornstalks and jersey cows. So stick with me, I’ll protect you, you’ll be fine.
- Clark: Chloe.
- Lois: Out of the way Smallville. Chloe!
- Chloe: Lois look behind you, watch out!
- Clark: Oh, I’m sorry is this bothering you?
- Lois: The chair or you in it?
- Clark: Lois, I um… I wanted to say, I thought you did well out there. You really earned your stripes at your dad’s boot camp.
- Lois: Thanks. And as for you, you actually surprised me. I mean for your first attempt at heroism.
- Clark: Well I better get going. I’ll see you bright and early Monday morning.
- Lois: Woah, woah, why Monday? What do you mean bright and early?
- Clark: Lois. You’re the one that gave me the application. You’re looking at the newest recruit for the Daily Planet.
- Lois: That’s great. What made you change your mind?
- Clark: I guess I wanted to be in the middle of the action.
- Lois: Good for you. So, are you going to be starting down in the mailroom?
- Clark: I’m going to be a little closer to home. Looks like we’re going to be neighbors Lane.
- Lois: You gotta be kidding me.
- Oliver: I’d be careful, Clark. Pretty soon, you’ll be sporting a homemade costume and leading a double identity just like the rest of us.
- Dinah: You might want to try a little more formfitting.
- Lois: Well, if you like covering robbery and homicide, you’ve come to the right place. The crime rate’s so high there’s actually a “no vacancy sign” in front of county jail.
- Sebastian: Really? Metropolis seems like a safe haven compared to some of the places I’ve covered.
- Lois: Really? Like where, the gates of Hell?
- Clark: Hey, it’s nice to see the kinder, gentler Chloe.
- Chloe: Nothing like having a binary bad guy cleansed from your system to put a spring back in your step.
- Lois: Hey! One year closer to the sweet release of death!
- Chloe: How wonderfully morbid.
- Zatanna: Rough birthday, huh?
- Chloe: You ever seen the napalm scene in Apocalypse Now? More fire, less cake.
- Zatanna: I can’t ever totally make it up to you or your friends but I would like to try to make sure that something like this doesn’t happen again.
- Oliver: Here’s a thought… don’t do it again.
- Lois: I’ll get my best men on it… and when I say men, I mean me because I work in the basement.
- Lois: Okay, obviously there’s been some sort of mistake. It’s not like I squeezed into 5″ booted heels for my health.
- Hostess: Miss Lane, there’s simply nothing I can do.
- Lois: Actually, there is. You can tell Edward R. Murrow that he can kiss this cub reporter’s sweet…
- Chloe: Lois!
- Lois: You just want to take over the world with some alien nation.
- Tess: I am trying to save the world.
- Lois: What’s wrong with Greenpeace?
Smallville Quotes Season 9
- Chloe: Dr. Hamilton.
- Dr. Hamilton: If you would be so kind as to lower the 9mm Jericho 941. I prefer “Emil.”
- Chloe: Lois means something to you, something more.
- Chloe: You were living like you had a death wish, Oliver. You had to face your demons if you were ever going to make it out alive. And I had to push you over the ledge in order to pull you back.
- Oliver: Did you have to push with a 3-ton truck?
- Chloe: I didn’t think a tricycle would be a strong enough point.
- Oliver: You saved my life, Chloe. Both the myth… and the man.
- Oliver: You’ve done a hell of a job keeping the world safe on your own, Clark. I’m here to help you now.
- Clark: Good. Something tells me…soon the world will need all the help we can get.
- Lois: Look, I appreciate you helping me audition, I’m still angry you didn’t tell me how bad Oliver was doing, but you’re here anyway, so please, don’t make me wish you weren’t.
- Clark: It’s okay, Lois. You don’t need to get all worked up like you usually do.
- Lois: Well, excuse me Mr. I’m-slow-and-steady-and-know-what’s-best-for-everyone, this happens to be important to me. With newspapers on the endangered species list, news television is my one and only back-up plan.
- Clark: Don’t you think you can be a little less dramatic with this whole thing?
- Lois: You could be a little more passionate with this whole thing. But not you, not mild-mannered Clark Kent. Do you even care if I get this job?
- Clark: Of course I care, I bought a new tie.
- Lois: Oh, well I bought a whole new outfit.
- Clark: Yeah, you look great.
- Lois: Don’t do that.
- Clark: Do what?
- Lois: Don’t you dare reassure me right now.
- Clark: Lois, I’m only doing this for you. How else am I going to get that second date?
- Lois: (Pauses) Well, you should have thought of that before you stood me up the first time.
- Lois: (talking to the waiter) You got anything stronger?
- Waiter: Of course.
- Clark: Last thing you need is a drink Lois.
- Lois: Thanks Clark. You sound like my mother on prom night. How do I look?
- Clark: If this were a prom, you’d be crowned queen. Your date’s a lucky man.
- Lois: Do I detect a note of jealousy in the notoriously nice Clark Kent? Be careful my date doesn’t hear you. He might just have to take you down.
- Clark: (chuckles) Like to see him try.
- Lois: You know what they say: all’s fair in love and war.
- Clark: And what’s it gonna be for us Lois? Love or war?
- Lois: Clark, it sounds like you’re asking me out on another date?
- Clark: If I was, would you say yes?
- Lois: I’ll tell you what I’d say… (sees Oliver walking in) Oliver!
- (Clark walks in the Daily Planet bullpen, sees Lois reading something, and nervously walks up to her.)
- Clark: Lois?
- Lois: Did you hear? The brilliant brass over at KZXP have decided to go with someone else for their morning show.
- Clark: Lois?
- Lois: After everything that happened, after Ollie and I almost got killed, guess who they’ve decided to go with? (She shows him a promo picture of Catherine Grant as the new correspondent.)
- Lois: Apparently blondes test better with morning viewers.
- Clark: Lois!
- Lois: I’m sorry, I never should have tried out in the first place, or dragged you with me, and I just–
- (Clark grabs her and passionately kisses her. At first, she is surprised, then she kisses him back.)
Lois: (Upon entering Watchtower) OK Chloe, you remember when we were ten and I kicked you out of my cubbyhouse for spilling soda and you said you’d just build a cooler one? You win
Clark: “That’s PDA #5, not that I’m keeping track.”
- Oliver: (walking into Watchtower) Anyone home?
- Chloe: What’s up?
- Oliver: Nothing, actually. I, uh, I thought I’d stop by and see if anyone’s hungry.
- John Jones: I could use some dinner. Chloe?
- Chloe: Uh, sure. You’re buying, Mr. Queen.
- John Jones: Don’t look at me, I’m living off a policeman’s salary.
- Oliver: Ah, fine. Dessert’s on you.
- John Jones: On Mars, we never had dessert. But I have grown especially fond of cookies.
Smallville Quotes Season 10
Season Ten Quotes coming soon.
Trackback from your site.