Narrator: There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians or the Toltecs or the Mayans. Some believe there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens.
Cylon Centurion: By Your Command.
President Adar: Baltar my friend, this armistice conference would not have been possible without your tireless work. You have secured for yourself a place in the history books.
- Centurion: By your command.
- Imperious leader: Speak, Centurion.
- Centurion: All base ships are now in range to attack the Colonies.
- Imperious leader: The final annihilation of the life form known as Man. Let the attack begin.
- Commander Adama: Mister President, I request permission to leave the fleet! I have reason to suspect our home planets may face immiment attack!
- [Cylon raiders blasts away the bridge of the Atlantia and portions of the bridge explode]
- Commander Adama: Maintain contact!
- [The communication image of Adar distorts, then clears]
- President Adar: [last words] How could I’ve been so completely wrong? I led the entire human race to ruin!
- [A Cylon raider blasts one of the Atlantia’s anti-assault batteries and the explosion surges into the bridge, knocking out communications]
- Commander Adama: Mister President!
- Captain Apollo: No way those can outfight us without a 10-to-1 margin.
- Lieutenant Zac: Apollo, better look at your scanner.
- [A solid wall of Cylon raiders is chasing them]
- Captain Apollo: No, but a 1000-to-1, that’s not fair.
- Lieutenant Zac: What does it mean?
- Captain Apollo: It means there’s isn’t going be any peace. They might not be much of anything if we don’t warn the fleet.
- Commander Adama: Mr. President, a wall of unidentified craft if closing in on the fleet.
- Count Baltar: Possibly a Cylon welcoming committee?
- Commander Adama: Sir, might I suggest we launch a welcoming committee of our own.
- Boxey: Can I ride in your ship, sir?
- Captain Apollo: Fighter planes are no place for little boys.
- Serina: They’re going to have to be if our people are going to survive. We must fight back.
- Commander Adama: Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go fourth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.
- Count Baltar: If a handful of survivors did indeed escape, they would have neither fuel nor food for a prolonged voyage.
- Cylon Centurion: The information is not complete. It is offered in eschange for life.
- Count Baltar: And what is the standing order, for humans, from your Imperious Leader?
- Cylon Centurion: Extermination.
- Count Baltar: Then carry out you orders. If they exist, they’re doomed.
- Lieutenant Boomer: Just keep it up, old buddy, you’re going to get us into real trouble.
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Ten thousand miles from nowhere, our planets shot to pieces, people starving, and I’m gonna get us in trouble? What’s the matter with you? I tell you… Yeah, well, we might as well live for today, we might not have many left.
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I’m just curious about what all that excitement was about back on the barge.
- Cassiopeia: That woman is a member of the Etori sect amongst the Geminese. They don’t believe im physical contact between genders, except when sanctified by the priest during High Worship of the Sun Storm, which comes once only every seven years!
- Lieutenant Starbuck: No wonders those little buggers are such good card players.
- [Admiring Starbuck’s space fighter]
- Cassiopeia: It’s beautiful, isn’t it? It’s a perfect machine! Born to dance among the stars!
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Yeah, it’s bumping into them that has me worried.
- Cassiopeia: Why did you volunteer, Starbuck?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Well, somebody had to do it.
- Cassiopeia: Did Apollo made you?
- Lieutenant Satrbuck: Yes, you certainly have a way of cutting through the felgercarb.
- Cassiopeia: Do you ever take that smoldering weed out of your mouth? [kisses him]
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I have this wonderful speech all prepared…
- Cassiopeia: About this being your last night here? About possibly not seeing another night as this one, or another girl as beautiful as I am, ever again?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Yeah, well, that speech is a little better that the one I had. Would you mind if I borrowed it on some future occasion?
- Lieutenant Boomer: What if we miss a mine?
- Captain Apollo: One of us will be the first to know.
- Imperious Leader: Welcome, Baltar. I have grave news. A handful of Colonials prevail, but we will soon find them.
- Count Baltar: What of our bargain? My colony was to be spared!
- Imperious Leader: I now alter the bargain.
- Count Baltar: How can you change one side of a bargain?
- Imperious Leader: When is no other side. You have missed the entire point of the war.
- Count Baltar: But I have no ambitions against you.
- Imperious Leader: Could you think me so foolish as to trust a man who would see his own race destroyed?
- Count Baltar: Not destroyed, subjugated, under me!
- Imperious Leader: There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
- Count Baltar: Surely, you don’t mean me?
- Imperious Leader: We thank you for your help, Baltar. Your time is at an end.
- Count Baltar: No! You can’t! You still need me! ARGH!
- [A Cylon slits Baltar’s throat]
- [Exploring the dark surface of a planet]
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I wonder this looks like in the daytime?
- Lieutenant Boomer: Hey, this is the daytime.
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Oooh… lovely…
- Cylon Centurion: Our raiders are all destroyed.
- Imperious Leader: All destroyed? How? We took them by surprise.
- Cylon Centurion: Apparently it was not as big a surprise as we had hoped for.
Captain Apollo: Decay and corruption go hand in hand with defeatism and lack of action.
Commander Adama: A man can always take the time to recognize the beauties of life.
Commander Adama: Yes, Colonel, but that’s the fabric of miracles – the impossible.
Specter: Those little… sclime! They deceived me!
Imperious Leader: My fellow Cylons, it is indeed a great honor to dedicate this southern centre of Cylon Culture to the advance of, and perfection of the Cylon race.
Trackback from your site.