• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lady Haruhi

Lady Haruhi

Queen of Anime

• General Staff
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Okay, before you guys say "What? There's a "Count of Monte Cristo" anime?" "I will say "Yes." It is quite a bit different from the other versions. For example:

1) It's sci-fi in this version, set about 2000-4000 years in the future

2) Instead of sword fights, there are armor fights

I will say this though: this anime is one of the best animations that Studio GONZO has ever come out with, and of the best that Geneon/Funimation has licensed here in the US.

Posted Image
Posted Image

formerly known as "Anime Trekker"

"I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course praying to your impotent god." -Walter from Hellsing

"In the Name of God, Impure Souls of the Living Dead Shall be Banished into Eternal Damnation." -from Hellsing (anime series)

"The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame" -from Hellsing Ultimate

#2 Lady Haruhi

Lady Haruhi

Queen of Anime

• General Staff
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

I forgot to mention that this series has an ass kicking end theme song. The song is called "You Won't See Me Coming" and its by Jean-Jacques Burnel

Posted Image

formerly known as "Anime Trekker"

"I highly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a course praying to your impotent god." -Walter from Hellsing

"In the Name of God, Impure Souls of the Living Dead Shall be Banished into Eternal Damnation." -from Hellsing (anime series)

"The Bird of Hermes is my Name, Eating my Wings to Make me Tame" -from Hellsing Ultimate