• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 melkim

melkim

Space Shuttle - NASA

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

You thought you'd seen Fringe's weirdest, hadn't you? Well, you haven't. No, Fringe's weirdest episode yet will be coming toward the end of the season, and it's one that you would not expect. When I saw the blurb for this episode, I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't going insane.

This episode won't be about horrible mutations or deadly viruses. It won't contain melting brains and flesh. No, it will instead contain…musical numbers?

That's right — a future episode of Fringe, titled "Overture," (to air on April 29) will be coming to the screen before the end of the year. Obviously, the show's writers have decided to take the episodic nature of the drama and have a little fun with it, creating by far the most unique stand-alone that has aired on television in a while — a musical, filled with Glee-like numbers and singing.

The episode won't just be out of left field; these songs aren't actually happening in this or any alternate reality. It'll all be happening in Walter's mind. Our favorite mad scientist apparently has quite the imagination, and this story center on him telling a bedtime story to Olivia's niece, Ella. Is this what September meant when he predicted that things "are going to get so hard for her"?

Probably not. As a matter of fact, it should be one of the most enjoyable things on television for the season. Not only will we get a look into Walter's mind and the way he views everyone around him, but we'll also get it in song — and don't expect just one or two songs.

Fringe division head Phillip Broyles (played by sometimes-jazz-crooner Lance Reddick) will play piano and sing a Traffic tune in the episode, while Massive Dynamics head Nina Sharp (Blair Brown) will serenade a private-eye Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv). “I sing a song to Olivia, which is certainly confusing,” Brown shared with TV Guide. And just when you thought it couldn't get better, Astrid (Jasika Nicole) will perform a song from A Chorus Line.

“Oh, it’s gonna be a blast,” said Reddick of the episode, which will air next month on April 29. It certainly sounds like it.