• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

It's all about the SciFi baby!!

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

OK, if you all noticed on the Home page there is a section called MEMORABLE QUOTES. Well show us what you know and it may be posted in that section. So give us those quotes now. As long as it was on a Sci Fi, Fantasy, Comic or Horror Show or Movie then it counts.

Posted Image

"Today is a good day for coffee"

#2 Daxy

Daxy

The Brilliant Daxy Sato-Jones

• Moderators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:10 PM

"Get away from her you bitch!!" - Ripley, Aliens

Ok...maybe not a one for the home page, but to me its one of the gratest sci-fi quotes EVER. I quote it often. I do a mean Ripley impression when given anything that looks like a gun...and I don't even have to be drunk either :D

Ok, a sensible quote...hmm

"Set a course...for home" - Janeway, Star Trek Voyager 1x01 - Caretaker
'When the people around you are all one way, and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you'

Posted Image

Everything that you've done in your life. Every experience, every thought, every moment. Has lead to this, has lead to now. Everything that happens is for a reason. Every success, every defeat, everything. Nothing is an accident.

#3 Guest_Torina_*

Guest_Torina_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:49 PM

Heh.

"Not that I'm not cool with the whole concept of corpses speaking to me...but if you were going to ask for my help, now would be the time." - Tru Davies, Brother's Keeper, Tru Calling

#4 Daxy

Daxy

• Moderators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

"Loves a sacrifice too" - Azazel, Hex 1x01 - The Story Begins
'When the people around you are all one way, and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you'

Posted Image

Everything that you've done in your life. Every experience, every thought, every moment. Has lead to this, has lead to now. Everything that happens is for a reason. Every success, every defeat, everything. Nothing is an accident.

#5 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

"And then there's politicians. It's easy to tell when a politician is lying: their lips move."

~ Max Headroom ~

Posted Image

#6 PegasusGirl

PegasusGirl

The Commodore's Wife

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

Pardon me, and I do not mean to be rude, but you would not by any chance happen have six fingers on your left hand? - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Hope I got that right!! Going off memory, can't find it in the book.
Waiting for Shane :-)

#7 Daxy

Daxy

• Moderators
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

“I've been through more battles with Buffy than you all can ever imagine. She's stopped everything that's ever come up against her. She's laid down her life to protect the people around her. This girl has died two times, and she's still standing. You're scared? That's smart. You got questions? You should. But you doubt her motives, you think Buffy's all about the kill, then you take the little bus to battle. I've seen her heart, and this time not literally. And I'm telling you, right now, she cares more about your lives than you will ever know. You gotta trust her. She's earned it." - Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Posted Image

#8 PegasusGirl

PegasusGirl

The Commodore's Wife

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:12 AM

These are all from Feet of Clay, a novel of Discworld by Terry Pratchett

On the troubles of being a Werewolf - poor Angua!! "She prowled the city on moonlit nights, and OK, there was the occasional chicken, but she always remembered where she'd been and went round the next day to shove some money under the door. It was hard to be a vegetarian who had to pick bits of meat out of her teeth in the morning. She was definately on top of it, though. It was easy to be a vegetarian by day. It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian at night that took the real effort. "

On the troubles of being a female dwarf "Oh, it's easy to be happy when you don't know any different," said Cheery bitterly. "Chainmail trousers are fine if you've never heard of lingerry!"

On the lack of trouble when you're a huge muscular troll "Amazing t'ing, trouble," rumbled Detritus thoughtfully. "Always I go lookin' for trouble, an' when I find it people say it ain't dere."

#9 Cpt. Jeff

Cpt. Jeff

Hammer Head - Space Above and Beyond

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my Father, prepare to die."

"We are men of action: Lies do not become us." Wesley

Edit: From the Princess Bride. :D
Posted Image

#10 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

Lets see those quotes guys, I'm fixing to update them on Front page. :D

Posted Image

#11 PegasusGirl

PegasusGirl

The Commodore's Wife

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 04:58 AM

"Death takes what man would keep and leaves what man would lose"
The Butterfly
from The Last Unicorn

#12 mesei

mesei

F-302 Fighter - Stargate

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

"So what i told you was true. From a certain point of view" Obi Wan as played by the late Sir Alec Guiness - Star Wars - Episode VI. Return of the Jedi.

Classic.
Sometimes, I do give up.

#13 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:26 PM

I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.

~ Fox Mulder ~ (The X-Files)

Posted Image

#14 PegasusGirl

PegasusGirl

The Commodore's Wife

• Moderators
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:08 AM

"I'll make you a prince. Prince of the Land of Stench!!!" Jareth the Goblin King, The Labyrinth

#15 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

"For me science fiction is a way of thinking, a way of logic that bypasses a lot of nonsense. It allows people to look directly at important subjects."

~ Gene Roddenberry, creator of "Star Trek" ~

Posted Image

#16 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

"In the words of my generation: Up Yours!"

Russel Casse: (Indepence Day)

Posted Image

#17 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:06 AM

"8 years of flight training. Navigational holographics online. 50 combat missions. Course confirmed for slingshot exit of the solar system. Just so I could take the family camper on an interstellar picnic. "

~ Major West ~ (Lost in Space the movie)

Posted Image

#18 SciFi Avenger

SciFi Avenger

• Admins
  • 8,694 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

"The earth? Oh the earth will be gone in a few seconds...I'm going to blow it up. It's obstructing my view of Venus."

~ Marvin the Martian ~

Posted Image

#19 Doctor Odd

Doctor Odd

Halloween King

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

Oh great, now I'm going to have to post a whole bunch of Firefly quotes. :blink:

Wash:
Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die! Oh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!

Mal: How's business?
Inara: None of yours. . .

Mal: It may have become apparent to you that the ship could use a medic. You ain't weak. I don't know how bright you are, top three percent, but you ain't weak and that's not nothing. You live by my rule, you keep your sister from doing anything crazy, you could maybe find a place here. 'Til you find a better.
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can... How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son. So let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: Had a good day.

Mal: Drunks are so cute.

Book: I begin to wonder if you yourself know why you're doing it.
Mal: Well what about you, Shepherd? How come you're flying about with us brigands? I mean, shouldn't you be off bringing religiosity to the fuzzy-wuzzies or some such?

Inara: What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?
Mal: That it was manly and impulsive?

Jayne: Tell you what I think. I think that fellow we ran into did everyone on board, killed them all, then decided to take a swim through space, see how fast his blood would boil out of his ears.
Wash: You're a very "up" person.

Mal: So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy.

Want more? :w00t:

Posted Image

Go-Go Tim

#20 Guest_Torina_*

Guest_Torina_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

*laughs* Haha, those were great Firefly quotes.